Panel size: 1200x450x50.
It is a moulded, 100% recycled, polypropylene panel with spacer protrusions, forming a 50mm clear cavity and providing the perfect backing board for the stone, slate, brick and flint outer leaf. SureCav50 is BBA certificated. This cavity protection system ensures clean and moisture free cavities with either timber frame or traditional construction.
- Certified by the BBA and an accepted construction system by LABC
- Removes the need for a backing block when building with natural/random stone
- Order online now or through all builders’ merchants!
Cavity Protection System
- 50mm clear cavity in any exposure zones.
- Clean & moisture free cavities.
- Protects from wind driven rain.
- 100% recycled polypropylene.
- Shields the cavity from water ingress.
- No backing bloc – wall width reduced.
- BBA approved certified 04/4154.
- Unique pod shape for moisture protection.
- Incorporated fold line for corners.
- Ideal for standard construction or timber-frame.
SureCav 25 & 50
Fixing: Wall ties are used, as standard, vertically every 450mm mortar course. Helical ties are most useful where additional support is required between courses and can be fixed through the flat face of the sheet.
For timber frame, it is recommended that sealing washers (supplied by SureCav) are screwed into the pods, with or without additional timber frame ties to hold the system in place prior to the construction of the outer masonry leaf.
Use 5 washers per sheet to ensure stability in high winds before the outer leaf is constructed.